Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is a human services agency, dedicated to caring for those in need while promoting human development, collaboration, and the elimination of poverty and injustice. Catholic Charities believes that all people have infinite value and are worthy of dignity and respect, and above all, is committed to creating hope and transforming lives.
This is a Part-time position; 2:30/3 - 6/6:30 Monday-Friday.
Temporarily care for a youth in the Waiver program, on an emergency or planned basis, providing relief from care-giving responsibilities for the family. Ease the on-going stress often experienced by families of children with serious emotional disturbances.
1. Supervise the child and engage the child in recreational activities that support his/her constructive interests and abilities.
2. Report any emergencies or significant incidents to supervisor and Individual Care Coordinator.
3. Maintain accountability for participants assigned to your care.
4. Complete weekly billing/ progress notes in a timely manner.
5. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. with one (1) year relevant experience. Have training in skill areas needed by the child. Have training in normal growth and development of children, including developmental tasks associated with various stages of childhood and adolescence. Basic engagement skills; Ability to address serious emotional disturbance in children/adolescents and associated behaviors.