Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is a human services agency, dedicated to caring for those in need while promoting human development, collaboration, and the elimination of poverty and injustice. Catholic Charities believes that all people have infinite value and are worthy of dignity and respect, and above all, is committed to creating hope and transforming lives.
The Relocation Caseworker will monitor and assist individuals and families who have been referred to or are requiring assistance from Catholic Charities to insure their safety and basic needs are being met. Help homeless and/or housing vulnerable individuals find and maintain housing and access benefits/income.
This is a Full Time position, Monday through Friday; 35 hours per week.
1. Interview clients with problems such as: personal and family adjustments, individuals whose children may be placed in foster care, finances, employment, food, clothing, housing, and physical and mental impairments to determine nature and degree of problem.
2. Secure information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client’s situation, and evaluate these and client’s capacities.
3. Counsel clients individually, in family, or in other small groups regarding plans for meeting needs, and aid clients to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning. Meets with clients as required by funding sources.
4. Help clients to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems, and client’s part in creating them. Monitor clients’ progress, or lack there of.
5. Refer clients to community resources and other organizations. Network with community service providers.
6. Complete all necessary reporting forms for government agencies and funding sources (UCR’s, progress notes, referrals, and statistics). Maintain client case files.
7. Maintain appropriate communication with supervisors and other funding sources. Notify of any safety issues in a timely manner.
8. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
9. All other duties related to housing individuals and helping them remain housed.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services related field. With three years experience working with vulnerable individuals or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: Valid N.Y.S. Drivers License, registered and insured vehicle, N.Y.S. Child Abuse Registry clearance.
Skills/Abilities: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Proficiency with Microsoft Word.
Apply online at ccoc.us