Monitor and assist individuals and families who have been referred to or are requiring assistance from Catholic Charities to insure their safety and basic needs are being met. Help recently homeless individuals maintain housing and access benefits/income.
- Interview clients with problems such as: personal and family adjustments, individuals whose children may be placed in foster care, finances, employment, food, clothing, housing, and physical and mental impairments to determine nature and degree of problem.
- Secure information such as medical, psychological, and social factors contributing to client’s situation, and evaluate these and client’s capacities.
- Counsel clients individually, in family, or in other small groups regarding plans for meeting needs, and aid clients to mobilize inner capacities and environmental resources to improve social functioning. Meets with clients as required by funding sources.
- Help clients to modify attitudes and patterns of behavior by increasing understanding of self, personal problems, and client’s part in creating them. Monitor clients’ progress, or lack there of.
- Refer clients to community resources and other organizations. Network with community service providers.
- Complete all necessary reporting forms for government agencies and funding sources (UCR’s, progress notes, referrals, and statistics). Maintain client case files.
- Maintain appropriate communication with supervisors and other funding sources. Notify of any safety issues in a timely manner.
- Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
- All other duties related to housing individuals and helping them remain housed, including but not limited to furnishing and supplying apartments.
This is a Full Time; Monday - Friday; 35 hours weekly position.
Catholic Charities of Onondaga County strives to create and maintain a positive and caring work environment for all of our employees. We demonstrate this through supportive and meaningful supervision, a comprehensive health and benefits package, and gratitude and recognition for the challenging work our employees perform in service to others.
we accept it as our responsibility to continue to identify ways to improve our work environment, and demonstrate to our employees that we care for, support, and celebrate them. For these reasons and many more: Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is a great place to work!
Our Pay Philosophy
Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is committed to providing a compensation program that is commensurate with internal and external job markets and nature of the job, consistent with our Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity & Inclusion policies, and designed to attract the most skilled and qualified candidates.
Employer Sponsored Benefits
- Health Insurance
- Basic Life Insurance
- NYS & Long Term Disability
- Agency Pension Plan
- Family Friendly Paid Time Off
Benefit Opportunities – Employee Funded
- Affordable Dental and Vision Coverage
- 401k Plan
- Supplemental Life Insurance
- AFLAC Supplemental Insurance
Recognition and Appreciation Programs
- Annual Employee Recognition Event
- Annual Agency Picnic
- World of Thanks Appreciation Program
- Anniversary Cards
- 1st Anniversary Congratulatory Emails
- Thank you Notes and acknowledgements
- Lunch & Learn Sessions
- Remitted Tuition Credits
- Agency Trainings
- Regular & Supportive Supervision
- Employee Assistance Program
- Annual Benefits Fair and Wellness Programs
- Credit Union Affiliations