Care. With me in mind.
Toomey is a not-for-profit organization providing community-based clinical treatment services and programs for children, adolescents, adults and their families in the Central New York region.
Our mission is to help individuals achieve their highest level of capability and increase opportunities for their future success. We are committed to person-centered, family-focused services.
We serve children and adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities, children experiencing mental health challenges, children who cannot remain at home and require foster care placement and children who are Unaccompanied Refugee Minors who come to the United States from around the world and whose lives have been torn apart due to conflict and oppression.
Join our team and Care with them in mind.
The Direct Support Professional provides support and assistance to 4 adult males with develpmental disabilities in areas of daily living, community involvement and recreational activities. Serve as a positive role model for socially acceptable behavior. Assist with household duties and meal preparation. Position does require staff to pass out medications.
1. Assist individuals in participating in daily and weekly activities such as shopping, exercising, hobbies, volunteering, activities of daily living, and other desired activities as defined by the individual.
2. Assist in maintaining house operations including meal planning and preparation.
3. Provide basic first aid, and administers medication as prescribed and pursuant to agency policies.
4. Serve as a positive liaison to schools, parents, and others who have a relationship to those served.
5. Provide transportation to activities and outings for individuals receiving services.
6. Promote and ensure a safe and positive environment for individuals receiving services to include, identifying risk and safety issues, and completing reporting requirements to appropriate person(s).
7. Initiate and complete required paperwork paper work in a timely manner.
8. Adhere to the philosophy of Toomey Residential and practice behaviors consistent with the Collaborative Problem Solving philosophy and methods.
9. Maintain guidelines and policies as established by the funding sources and Toomey Residential and Community Services.
10. Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
This is a Full Time Position; Wednesday – Saturday; 12:00pm-10:00pm
Toomey Total Rewards Program
Toomey employs the Total Rewards approach to pay and benefits which includes:
Our Pay Philosophy
Toomey is committed to providing a compensation program that is commensurate with internal and external job markets and nature of the job, consistent with our Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity & Inclusion policies, and designed to attract the most skilled and qualified candidates.
What are you waiting for?
Apply at www.toomeyresidential.org
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: High School Diploma or GED required; associates or bachelor degree with relevant experience preferred.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: A valid NYS driver’s license with reliable transportation to and from the work-site, NYS Central Registry Clearance, NYS Justice Center Fingerprinting and background check.