WHY CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF ONONDAGA COUNTY?
Catholic Charities of Onondaga County strives to create and maintain a positive and caring work environment for all of our employees. We demonstrate this through supportive and meaningful supervision, a comprehensive health and benefits package, and gratitude and recognition for the challenging work our employees perform in service to others.
Basic Function/Purpose: Temporarily care for a youth in the Waiver Program, on an emergency or planned basis, providing relief from care-giving responsibilities for the family. Ease the on-going stress often experienced by families of children with serious emotional disturbances.
1. Supervise the child and engage the child in recreational activities that support his/her constructive interests and abilities.
2. Report any emergencies or significant incidents to supervisor and Individual Care Coordinator.
3. Maintain accountability for participants assigned to your care.
4. Complete weekly billing/ progress notes in a timely manner.
5. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
This position is Part Time Monday-Friday; 2:30pm-6:30pm
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. with one (1) year relevant experience. Have training in skill areas needed by the child. Have training in normal growth and development of children, including developmental tasks associated with various stages of childhood and adolescence.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: N.Y.S. Child Abuse Registry clearance registered and insured vehicle fingerprinting for Criminal History.
Skills/Abilities: Basic engagement skills; Ability to address serious emotional disturbance in children/adolescents and associated behaviors.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Mobility sufficient to drive to and participate in meetings at client’s homes and/or community facilities which may not meet Federal accessibility standards for disabled individuals, Manual dexterity sufficient to work with children/adults in a challenging and active environment.
Apply online at www.ccoc.us