We are dedicated to caring for those in need while promoting human
development, collaboration, and the elimination of poverty and injustice.
Basic Function/Purpose: Perform at an advanced level general ledger accounting and financial reporting functions for Catholic Charities of Onondaga County and/or other agencies that we serve
1. Provide general ledger accounting and reporting for assigned programs and affiliates, including bank reconciliation, monthly journal entries, and payroll. Process financial statements.
2. Prepare claims and fiscal reports for funding sources.
3. Communicate with program directors on budgets and other financial matters. Assist in the preparation of annual budget.
4. Prepare, review and advise Program Directors on contract billings and reports.
5. Prepare reconciliation and work papers for auditors. Assist in the annual agency audit.
6. Code and review disbursements and cash receipts.
7. Maintain accounts receivable system.
8. Maintain communication with outside agencies.
9. Serve as backup for various accounting personnel.
10. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with a minimum of three (3) years relevant experience required. Relevant experience includes working in the field of financial accounting in a business, not-for-profit or governmental environment.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: Valid N.Y.S. Drivers License.
Skills/Abilities: Creative problem solving skills. Knowledge of computer systems and computer operations. Demonstrated proficiency in MS Excel and MS Word. Ability to operate office equipment. Excellent communication skills, oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Mobility sufficient to work in an office environment. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate office equipment including adding machines.
This is a Full Time position; Monday - Friday 8:30am-4:30pm.
If you would like to be considered for this position you MUST apply on our website at www.ccoc.us