Toomey Residential and Community Services provides an array of supports and services for people with intellectual/developmental disabilities designed to empower the individual to increase their independence, learn new skills and participate in the community.
Basic Function/Purpose: The Direct Support Professional empowers and assists individuals with developmental disabilities to lead self-directed lives, and participate fully in the community.
In order to be considered for this position you must go to www.toomeyresidential.org and apply.
1. Assist individuals in participating in daily and weekly activities such as shopping, exercising, hobbies, volunteering, activities of daily living, and other desired activities as defined by the individual.
2. Assist in maintaining house operations including meal planning and preparation.
3. Administer basic first aid, and medication as prescribed and pursuant to agency policies.
4. Serve as a positive liaison to schools, parents, and others who have a relationship to those served.
5. Provide transportation to activities and outings for individuals receiving services.
6. Promote and ensure a safe and positive environment for individuals receiving services to include, identifying risk and safety issues, and completing reporting requirements to appropriate person(s).
7. Initiate and complete required paperwork paper work in a timely manner.
8. Adhere to the philosophy of Toomey Residential and practice behaviors consistent with the National Alliance for Direct Support Professionals (NADSP) Core Competencies, which include: Putting Individuals First; Building and Maintaining Positive Relationships; Demonstrating Professionalism; Supporting Good Health; Safety; Supporting the individual to live in the home of their choice, and being active and productive in their community.
9. Maintain guidelines and policies as established by the funding sources and Toomey Residential and Community Services.
10. Represent the agency in a positive and professional manner.
There are currently 2 Full Time positions available:
1. Friday 2p-10p, Saturday 8a-4p, Sunday 8a-4p, Monday 2p-10p and Tuesday 2p-10p
2. Friday 10p-8a, Saturday 10p-8a and Sunday 10p-8a
Toomey employs the Total Rewards approach to pay and benefits which includes:
• Competitive, Family Friendly Health and Wellness Benefits • Recognition and Appreciation Programs • Learning Opportunities • Work-Life Benefits
Toomey is committed to providing a compensation program that is commensurate with internal and external job markets and nature of the job, consistent with our Equal Employment Opportunity and Diversity & Inclusion policies, and designed to attract the most skilled and qualified candidates.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: High School Diploma or GED required, associates or bachelor degree with relevant experience preferred.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: A valid NYS driver’s license with reliable transportation to and from worksite, NYS Central Registry Clearance, NYS Justice Center Fingerprinting and background check.
We look forward to working with you!