CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF ONONDAGA COUNTY
We are dedicated to caring for those in need while promoting human
development, collaboration, and the elimination of poverty and injustice.
Basic Function/Purpose: The Extended Learning Time Enrichment Teacher will provide enrichment programming to the students at local elementary schools.
1. Teaches Enrichment curriculum to Elementary aged students, grades Pre-K to Fifth.
2. Develop lesson plans and instructional strategies for the designated Enrichment selection, which is connected to the core curriculum.
3. Manage individual and group behavioral strategies so the individual student may obtain social and self-regulation skills.
4. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to various learning styles, developmental levels and interests of the students.
5. Utilize resources for positive social/emotional growth and development.
6. Develop and assist in creating positive relationships with school staff, students and families. Participate in Extended Learning Time planning meetings.
7. Report progress regularly to the Program Coordinator/Manager and school principal.
8. Report any emergencies or significant incidents to Program Coordinator/ Manager and school administration.
9. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
This position is Monday - Friday 8:15am-3:15pm. This is a temporary full time position. The assignment will end on June 22, 2018.
If you are interested in this position you MUST apply at www.ccoc.us
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: Bachelor’s Degree in psychology, human services, education, or related field with three (3) years relevant experience in the identified specialized area required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in educational setting with training in therapeutic crisis intervention, conflict resolution, and positive behavioral supports preferred. Interest in the Performing Arts is useful.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: N.Y.S. Central Registry clearance; SCSD background clearance.
Skills/Abilities: Basic engagement skills; Strong classroom management and conflict resolution skills. Ability to prepare a showcase of student learning. Ability to work independently and as part of a team. Enthusiasm and high level of motivation.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Mobility sufficient to drive to and participate in meetings at client’s homes and/or community facilities which may not meet Federal accessibility standards for disabled individuals, Manual dexterity sufficient to work with children in a challenging and active environment; Mobility sufficient to address serious behaviors in children/adolescents.