CATHOLIC CHARITIES OF ONONDAGA COUNTY
We are dedicated to caring for those in need while promoting human
development, collaboration, and the elimination of poverty and injustice.
Basic Function/Purpose: Under the direction of the Program Manager, assist in the daily operation of the Extended Learning Time Enrichment Program at Franklin Elementary and provide supervision to staff to achieve program objectives.
1. Support and supervise the Enrichment teachers teaching Enrichment curriculum to Elementary aged students, grades Pre-K to Fifth.
2. Manage individual and group behavioral strategies so the individual student may obtain social and self-regulation skills
3. Assist in creating a classroom environment that is conducive to various learning styles, developmental levels and interests of the students.
4. Act as a communication link with the Extended Learning Time Coordinator, program manager or director and school administration.
5. Develop and assist in creating positive relationships with school staff, students and families. Participate in Extended Learning Time planning meetings.
6. Report progress regularly to the Program Manager and school principal or designee.
7. Report any emergencies or significant incidents to Program Manager or Director and school administration.
8. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
This is a Full Time Temporary position; hours are Monday-Friday 8:15am-3:15pm. The position will end on June 22, 2018.
If you are interested in applying you MUST do so on our website at www.ccoc.us
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: Bachelor’s Degree/Master's degree in psychology, human services, education, or social work with three (3) years relevant experience required or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience in an urban academic setting. Supervisory experience strongly preferred.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: Valid N.Y.S. Drivers License; Registered and insured vehicle, N.Y.S. Child Abuse Registry clearance, Background checks for Criminal History.
Skills/Abilities: Basic engagement skills; Oral and written communication skills; Problem solving skills; Supervisory skills.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Mobility sufficient to drive to and participate in meetings at client’s homes and/or community facilities which may not meet Federal accessibility standards for disabled individuals, Manual dexterity sufficient to work with children in a challenging and active environment.