Thrive and Change Lives
At Catholic Charities over 70% of our managers were promoted from within!
We believe that quality service begins with a passionate, motivated and hardworking workforce; a positive and caring work environment, and recognition for the challenging work our employees perform in service to others. For these reasons and many more Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is a great place to work!
Flexible Work Schedules
Competitive Pay and Work Life Benefits
Professional Supervision and Coaching
Recognition and Appreciation Programs
Opportunities for Growth and Promotion
Provide day to day management and coordination of HR operations related to employee issue resolution, performance management, benefits administration, on-boarding and staff development for employees of Catholic Charities of Onondaga County and Toomey Residential and Community Services.
1. Provide supervision to assigned HR team members. This includes ensuring that team members receive regular supervision, performance feedback, and coaching.
2. Function as the first point of contact for agency-wide employee issues including counseling, disciplinary action, reward & recognition, policy interpretation and HRIS concerns.
3. Coach Managers in communication, feedback, recognition and interaction responsibilities with employees that report to them.
4. Implement Performance Management initiatives including the performance evaluation process, tracking and reminders.
5. Develop and facilitate Agency Wide trainings related to Human Resources. Participate on the Agency Training committee.
6. Implement updates to employee handbook, labor law posters, and other legal requirements and postings.
7. Manage the annual United Way Campaign and other special projects as assigned.
8. Make recommendations to improve areas of responsibilities based on research of best practices.
9. Efficiently produce accurate and timely reports and correspondence using HR / Payroll databases and Microsoft office software.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: Bachelor degree in human resources, business or related field with three (3) years of experience in a centralized human resources environment, or equivalent combination of education and experience is required. In depth knowledge of local, state and federal employment laws and regulations is required, experience in the development and implementation of new systems preferred. Experience with ADP Workforce Now strongly preferred.
Skills/Abilities: Proficiency in Microsoft Office, and HRIS systems; The ability to demonstrate and adhere to the Agency’s Core Behaviors as listed below.
Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is dedicated to caring for those in need while promoting human development, collaboration, the elimination of poverty and injustice, and helping people in need regardless of their religion, race, ethnicity, or nationality. We believe that all people have infinite value and are worthy of our respect and compassion. Above all, we are committed to creating hope and transforming lives.
Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer