Thrive and Change Lives
At Catholic Charities over 70% of our managers were promoted from within!
We believe that quality service begins with a passionate, motivated and hardworking workforce; a positive and caring work environment, and recognition for the challenging work our employees perform in service to others. For these reasons and many more Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is a great place to work!
Flexible Work Schedules
Competitive Pay and Work Life Benefits
Professional Supervision and Coaching
Recognition and Appreciation Programs
Opportunities for Growth and Promotion
1. Direct and assist clients in routine shelter activities such as meals, laundry, and housekeeping.
2. Respond to client and shelter emergencies and notify appropriate personnel in a timely fashion.
3. Assist and advocate for clients to suggest appropriate programs and services.
4. Explain and maintain shelter policies and procedures.
5. Assist in routine shelter maintenance.
6. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: H.S. Diploma or G.E.D. with up to three (3) years relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and relevant experience. Experience working with a specific population preferred.
Licenses/Certificate/Clearances: N.Y.S. Child Abuse Registry clearance.
Skills/Abilities: Customer service skills. Oral and written communication skills.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Manual dexterity sufficient to work with children/adults in a challenging and active environment.
Required Trainings: VIRTUS, Corporate Compliance, Universal Precautions
Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Software Powered by iCIMS