Thrive and Change Lives
At Catholic Charities over 70% of our managers were promoted from within!
We believe that quality service begins with a passionate, motivated and hardworking workforce; a positive and caring work environment, and recognition for the challenging work our employees perform in service to others. For these reasons and many more Catholic Charities of Onondaga County is a great place to work!
Flexible Work Schedules
Competitive Pay and Work Life Benefits
Professional Supervision and Coaching
Recognition and Appreciation Programs
Opportunities for Growth and Promotion
The Administrative Program Coordinator will
1. Create, coordinate and audit record keeping procedures and policies appropriate for Men’s Shelter program participants.
2. Network within Catholic Charities and with outside service providers to make appropriate referrals to service the needs of program participants.
3. Maintain and update all records in a timely manner to meet guidelines of funding sources.
4. Assist the Assistant Director with administrative tasks.
5. Screen clients for program services and provide referrals as needed.
6. Act as a professional role model for staff and participants.
7. Maintain guidelines established by the funding sources and Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
8. Assist in developing policies and procedures related to this specialty and the program.
9. Regularly attend staff meetings.
10. Assist in completing necessary program reports and updating tracking data regularly.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by the program leadership.
Education and/or Experience Required at Entry: Bachelor’s degree in human services or related field with 1-3 years of experience working with vulnerable populations. Familiarity with local community service providers preferred.
Licenses/Certification/Clearances: Valid N.Y.S. Driver’s license, criminal background check, State Central Register Clearance, and reliable transportation.
Skills/Abilities: Knowledge of social service resource systems for individuals experiencing homelessness. Knowledge of budgeting and money management. Thoroughness and accuracy with data collection, entry, and quality control in a web-based database. Strong oral/written communication and listening skills. Must have strong computer literacy.
Working Conditions and Environment/Physical Demands: Mobility sufficient to drive to and participate in meetings. Manual dexterity sufficient to work with technical equipment in an active environment.
Required Trainings: VIRTUS, Core Updates, Defensive Driving, HMIS.
Software Powered by iCIMS